Yesterday, in rain-drenched Iowa, former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin gave a stemwinder of a speech, which left several “Conservative” Pundits grasping at straws for something…anything…that they could attack her with.
Of course , a lack of anything substantial did not stop them. By perusing the internet yesterday afternoon, one could find criticisms of the crowd size, her yellow outfit, and even her voice. One well-known Conservative Pundit called it “The Fizzle in the Drizzle”. Most average Americans who watched it just said:
Per hillbuzz.org, here are some highlights of the speech:
* It’s not just about replacing Obama, it’s who we will replace him with. (Meaning: Yes, the Republican will win in 2012, so let’s start thinking about WHO that Republican will be and what she will do in office come 2013 to hit back at not just the Left, but the Cocktail Party GOP establishment that enables it).
* Repeated references to “the permanent political class” and “the guys who are too concerned with winning future elections to do what needs to be done to get America out of the mess that we’re in”
* the Status Quo won’t work any more…we need real solutions
* The Palin Plan is a working man’s plan…a plan about empowerment of our states, of our entrepreneurs, and hard working individuals.
* Need to rein in the federal government and its out of control spending…enforce 10th Amendment and devolve powers back locally
* WE MUST REPEAL OBAMACARE
* get government out of the way and allow business to breath and grow
* must prioritize and cut spending
* have the “Come to Jesus” moment to address entitlement reform
* what irks her most about White House is the current president threatening not to send seniors their checks, or when he threatens to not send the paychecks to the military…but the president’s family gets posh vacations and Congress gets their checks…stop using seniors and the military as pawns…enough is enough
* robust and responsible energy production will make us an energy superpower
* drill here, drill now, let the refineries and the pipelines be built…stop kowtowing to foreign countries and dictators…stop making America the biggest customer and make us be a producer by tapping into our energy reserves
*no more “fairy dust, sprinkled in glitter” empty promises about green jobs…when real and permanent jobs are there for the making in the energy sector
* energy development is the real stimulus…these are good paying jobs like the one Todd Palin had working in energy sector job…America’s economic revival starts with America’s energy revival
* need to make America most attractive country on Earth to do business in….the tax rates here are too high for business…big corporations skirt the federal taxes and makes America less competitive…it constrains the engine of American development…we need to become the most attractive business environment that will lead to an explosion of growth
* ELIMINATE ALL CORPORATE INCOME TAX…while also eliminating all corporate welfare, tax loopholes, and bailouts. Message to job creating corporations is that we will unshackle you from the highest tax rates in the world, but you will stand or fall on your own like all of us out here on Main Street
* None of that hopeychangey stuff in 2008 created jobs * We need to realize that God has blessed this nation, do not wait for the permanent political class to do anything about reform. Our credit is downgraded, but it’s not their fault. It’s always someone else’s fault, never the Cocktail Party GOP establishment or the DNC
* Obama is adrift. He doesn’t make sense. Obama declares in the exceptionalism of all countries, like Greece…and his path will take us to a place where we are in as bad a shape as Greece. We can confront the problem and achieve lasting reform. The road ahead is not easy. You will be demonized. They will tell you to go to Hell.
* On a trip to see the WWI Memorial, Palin saw again we have a duty to those who died for our freedom, people who purchased our freedom by charging the bayonets and the cannons, they prayed in the trenches and suffered in the POW camps and gave their lives so we could be here today.
* We are born the heirs of freedom
* JFK quote: we are the heirs of those who fought with Washington and those who freed the slaves, those who carved a nation out of wilderness, those who stormed the beaches at Normandy and Iwo Jima…those who made America the greatest and most exceptional nation
* We shall endure because we live by that moral strength we call grace
* A Providential hand has always guided us to a better future
* Reagan quote: if we ever forget we are one nation under God we will be a nation that goes under
* We will fight for freedom, fight for America, God Bless you Iowa, God Bless You United States of America
For an encore, Gov. Palin spent at least 30 minutes out among the crowd, talking to people, just like her, as if she had no other place where she would rather be.
She spoke to families with special needs childen, military families, and teachers: just plain ol’ average folk. She posed for pictures and helped shoot videos for loved ones. C-SPAN kept their cameras rolling to capture this remarkable moment.
Y’know, somehow, I just can’t see Romney doing that.
Will she run? She certainly sounded like it yesterday.
If she does, I know one thing:
Cuda will make some noise and it will be fun to watch.